Friday, August 10, 2007

I saw this at convention...


I am still casing ideas from convention! My daughter turns 9 on August 19th and I turn 30 something!! (Yes, we have the same birthday!) She is the greatest gift I ever received! The DP is Cutie Pie and the leaf is Wild Wasabi. I bought the tray at Michael's and decoupaged the DP on it. The tray came with some clear plastic to place on top. To cover the cup, I just cut a cup flat to make a template, then I punched 1 1/4 circled and layed them around a circle measured to the size of the cup. This created a template. The leaf I cut free hand and then cut a slit. I am stamping each girl's name on them. My daughter asked how they will drink out of them. With a straw! :)!I am making these for a slumber party for all my daughter's friends. They are baking pizzas, decorating cupcakes, doing hair and make-up, making frames, watching a movie and going in the hot tub! I am going to be exhausted!! I will take some photos and post them! Have a great night!

5 comments:

Anne said...

Happy SPECIAL Cake N' Candle Day to you both! Our daughter's 9 too and her birthday's literally 2 mos. before my own! LOVE the cups... how sweet are those! You'll have to enlist Tami's help with the party! *wink* Tami's a real sweetheart! *smile* Now if we can just encourage her to start a blog?! *wink*

Hugs,
Anne :)

kathleenh said...

Those girls are going to love this party! The flower cup turned out cute!

Anonymous said...

hey chick
what's up?
u are amazing!
miss u!

Mary said...

Love this tray. The papers that you used are awesome. I hope that your daughter had fun with all of her friends. :) I am looking forward to seeing all of the pictures.

Mary

Unknown said...

Love the tray!
I think I have your addy...but finding it is another issue...just shoot it to me, would ya?
spazzgirlatyahoodotcom